Senior Test Lead
We are looking for a Senior Test Lead who will be responsible for leading all aspects of client testing activities of software implementation projects and must be fully versed in SDLC practices/methodologies.
In this hands-on position, the Senior Test Lead will be primarily responsible for guiding utility project teams through the customisation and execution of Aquarium’s testing methodology.
This position will require the ability to create and maintain documents and deliverables associated with manual and automated enterprise applications testing.
This position requires strong technical, analytical, and communication skills (verbal and written) as well as a desire to maintain a high degree of quality.
As this is a senior lead position, it requires the ability to understand the benefits of automation and how it could be leveraged on various projects.
The Senior Test Lead will work closely with other project groups to increase the quality of software delivered. The Senior Test Lead is responsible for the overall testing of a software implementation project.
To fulfill this role, responsibilities include:
- Planning, organising, monitoring and oversight of all phases of testing
- Work closely with project managers and others to ensure business requirements have been met
- Experience in both manual and automated testing
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Adaptation of testing methodology to client specific project needs
- Development and execution of an overall test strategy to support the deployment of the solution
- Develop and maintain project specific testing processes, procedures, and metrics
- Develop, execute and manage test plans and schedules for each test phase, including configuration, unit testing, functional testing, integration testing, parallel testing, and user acceptance testing
- Develop estimates for each testing phase
- Lead preparation of business scenarios and required test scripts, including identification of needed master and transactional data to execute end-to-end testing
- Lead test team in execution of all test phases
- Facilitates test meetings, escalating to project management team as needed
- Monitor issues/defects for trends and provide metrics to the project management team
- Oversight of requirement traceability throughout all test phases
- Management and oversight of the test team to ensure timely test execution, proper test result documentation, timely defects/issues reporting, and timely retest
- Participates in design workshops, specification walkthroughs, and requirement reconciliation
- Mentors and trains client test team in testing best practices and Aquarium’s testing methodology.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of testing and test management on large software implementation projects
- People management and leadership skills, including coaching, supervision and staffing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with configuration management / build management procedures
- In-depth knowledge of the SDLC as well as various software testing methodologies
- Highly experienced writing test plans and test cases, and documenting software defects and anomalies
- Knowledge and understanding of the utility industry
- Consulting experience
- Project leadership experience
- Experience implementing, administering and training on automated testing tools such as the Mercury Tool Suite (WinRunner, LoadRunner QuickTest Pro, etc.)
Benefits and Perks:
- Employee Share Benefit Scheme (employees own a percentage of the business)
- Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Healthcare Cover
- Employee of the Year Awards
- 33 days holiday a year (including public holidays)
- Career Progression through the business
- £500 Refer a Friend Bonus
- Aquarium fruit, snacks, tea & coffee on tap
- Monday morning breakfast!
- Regular social events
- Charity fundraising events
To apply for this role please email: email@example.com